Wednesday, July 18, 2018

2 Steps Forward 1 Step Back

Well darnit...we have a minor setback.  During my cardio rehab, my blood pressure is 150/100.  Not good!  We have doubled my blood pressure medicine but it'll take a couple of weeks to see results.  So that means I cannot return to work the last week of July.  I want to return to work.  My sanity is slipping away!  I had an echo cardiogram test last Tuesday.  I have discussed the results with my doctor yet.  However, I can view them online so I peeked.  I researched the results and learned a few things.  Answered a few questions I had and what was causing them.  The big answer was why my heart felt like it was going to jerk out of my chest.  I learned that was a mitral valve regurgitation caused by...you guessed it, high blood pressure.  I haven't had one in two days so I'm praying the increased meds are starting to work.

In other news...I signed up to a gym.  I realize I can't use it just yet.  I wanted to sign-up now to help boost my confidence and set a goal.  $10 a month and it's open 24/7.  Not alot of weights but I can work with what they have.  Plenty of treadmills, stair steppers, bicycles, etc...  I've also lost 2 lbs in a week.  Only 36 more to go!  That 36 will take me a year.  I'm not planning on dumping it all at once.

And btw, the cardio rehab kicks my ass!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hang in there, pal

Michele said...

You're a Trooper!