Saturday, July 15, 2006

Days of Summer


Tomorrow I am taking my son to watch the local Triple A Minor league team. It's the Indians vs. Buffalo Bisons. Right now the Indians are in second place (1/2 game) in the West Division. Should be a good game as the Indians have played well all season. Our seats are the last of two sections on the left field line. Hopefully we'll get a chance for a foul ball.

Victory Field where the Indians play is a unique design. In place of outfield seating, they have a grassy area that is elevated. Makes it really nice because if you want, you can get lawn seats. Talk about a time to remember...years ago we went to our first game there. We packed a picnic, loaded a blanket and headed off. Sitting my ermmm butt on the ground wasn't my idea of being comfortable. But the view was amazing. As the fly balls were heading out, it really looked like they were coming into the grassy area. Was a sight for my son who was 4 years old at the time. Good times can be had by anyone participating. Regardless if you love, like or tolerate baseball.

For stadium food and prices, it's been very reasonable in the past. Of course I'm having a hot dog with chili and a hot pretzel. lol Might even wash it all down with a beer if the missus goes along. It's supposed to be 95 tomorrow and sunny. I hope I don't melt!

And yes I'll be yelling at the batters....hey batter batter batter SWING!

"What is both surprising and delightful is that spectators are allowed, and even expected, to join in the vocal part of the game.... There is no reason why the field should not try to put the batsman off his stroke at the critical moment by neatly timed disparagements of his wife's fidelity and his mother's respectability." ~George Bernard Shaw

No comments: