Monday, July 24, 2006

Traveling Sniper Show

Indiana Sniper

Well folks, looks like Indiana has a roaming sniper. After reading this article, I found some rather disturbing conflicts of information.

"A semi was fired on about two hours later near Muncie. That crime scene is about a two-hour drive from the first." Now I'm not sure about exact mileage. I can however state, for the record, that it's physically IMPOSSIBLE to make this trip via Interstate in TWO hours. Even going thru rural Indiana Highways this is absolutely impossible. Seymour to the south-side of Indy takes anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes depending on traffic congestion, highway patrol, etc. And that's not doing the speed limit of 70...or so I've been told. *cough* It's a 90 to 110 drive time from the south-side of Indy to Muncie. Here again, *cough* lol

Another disturbing comment: "Gov. Mitch Daniels put the National Guard and state Homeland Security on standby in case police need more help." Now, hold on there one second. Just exactly what, if anything, can the military do about this? I can see it now...troops deployed from Camp Atterbury in their humvees and tanks. I can see deploying the blackhawks from Shelbyville Armory but other then that, until a more detailed search sector is defined, it's a waste of taxpayers dollars. And this could also be a random drive-thru shootings. I-65 and I-69 are major corridors of travel with plenty of "get-away routes" in Louisville and Fort Wayne area.

I'm going now to practice my Y2K drills of preparedness in case this random sniper bunkers down.

No comments: