Saturday, July 22, 2006

Where's my Mower


Here is a picture of my yard. lol Well, not really but one can have an active imagination, right? It finally stopped raining here and the oppressive heat has currently subsided. I'm 2 weeks behind in mowing and trimming. So today I venture into the labyrinth of tall grass and weeds. I have the pushmower gased, weedeater primed and plenty of leaf bags. I am also carrying a weapon in case these two creatures reappear. Morning Serenity

I have a HUGE to-do-list this weekend. Oil needs changed in the car, I need a haircut, dishes, laundry and too many items to list without boring you. HEY!!! Wake up...the list wasn't that long. I should've changed the oil Wednesday when I changed the brakes on my car. But with a heat index of 101, I wasn't going to spend more time then necessary outside. Yes, I was driving to my weekly Tuesday event when my brakes went haywire. I heard this rattling sound and thought something was dragging. Luckily I was only a block from home and made it safely back. After a lengthy struggle with obtaining the correct parts (apparent dyslexic parts attendant) my brother-in-law and I got the car mobile again. Twice, the parts attendant gave us part number 566 instead of 599. The second time tho we caught the mistake at the counter and after 30 minutes we obtained the correct parts. We only changed the rear brakes and will work on the front brakes this coming week. And yes, we are NOT returning to the same parts store. lol

I'm currently enjoying peace and quiet here at the Dazd domicile. The missus and Lil Dazd went to our lake get-away this weekend. I don't mind the solitude as it gives me time to work on the to-do-list without interruption. The only thing is I must cook for myself. I don't mind cooking but when I'm busy it just adds another item. I'm thinking on cooking a steak with baked tater tonight. I may even drive to the local Dairy Queen for a Blizzard as a reward for my exhausting efforts.

*******Update*******


I got my yard done! I moved the rocks outta the stream and what a beautiful sight. Of course its apparent I need to sharpen my mower blades. Some of it is rough cut but it's allot shorter now. I didn't find any creatures either so I'll consider that another win for a patrol without any enemy engagements. I'm thinking maybe I cut some of the grass too short as it's barren in places. I really need to learn how to use that weedeater properly. My canine companion was patrolling the area as I revitalized my yard. The Calvary is now resting comfortably next to my desk.

I didn't get a haircut or get the oil changed in my car. But everything else is scratched off the to-do list now. I even had a great steak dinner with a baked tater. I opted for a bowl of ice cream instead of a Blizzard. Felt it was best to rest these weary muscles and enjoy the solitude.

No comments: