Monday, August 07, 2006

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!

It's only been a week since I've started eating healthier. But a few things I've noticed: I'm a little snappier than normal, if I'm not busy I'm in a funk and I'm bored. On the positive side: I'm feeling better. Hmmm...3 vs 1. Not a very good ratio but I'm working on it. And I won't even mention the cravings for a bacon cheeseburger and a Frosty. lol I've not weighed myself because I wanna wait until my doc appointment next week. I want it to be a surprise for me and hopefully a congrats from him. I set these little milestones in hopes of keeping positive and upbeat.

I researched most of the day Saturday online for receipe websites. I still wanna maintain my diet but not psychologically purge my sweet-tooth. I've run across some "guilt-free" brownies that leaves me not wanting them. One receipe called for using cottage cheese. Cottage cheese...wtf? I'll pass on that one. I ran across a Chicken Gumbo that I'm gonna try making this week. If the receipe turns out I'll be posting it here.

I'm trying to practice the "no white diet" to reduce my carb intake. No white bread, potatoes, white rice, etc... I'm also implementing a lower sugar intake for a quicker weight loss. Interesting facts given to me and verified: Cooked peas and carrots break down into sugars during the digestion. What I haven't verified is raw peas and carrots. (I can easily eat one pound of raw carrots myself) Almonds and walnuts, in modest intake, can help reduce your cholesterol levels while providing a staple fiber intake. Apricots are also great for reducing cholesterol levels.

Source

Red meat...I researched buffalo/bison meat online. Man, I need to open one of these farms. Online orders for the equivalent of hamburger was $5.00 a pound, minimum. Jebus! And you can't beat the lower fat content of this kinda meat. I'm gonna have to check here locally, while at the State Fair, for a reputable vendor with decent prices. I may even purchase a lamb for lamb burgers and chops....yummmm. Venison would be good for me too, but I'm hoping the family will like buffalo and lamb. Venison isn't on the missus' "things to eat weekly" list. Been there, done that.

Source

Combining two different types of diets may not be advantageous. But if I can psychologically convince myself that I can do this, then maybe in a short time I will find exactly what works for me. Right now I'm just "winging" it and hopefully lose 5 pounds by next Tuesday.

If anyone knows any great receipe sites for low cholesterol, pleace leave me a comment or email me.

No comments: