Monday, October 30, 2006

Delayed First Day Back-to-Work Post

Friday I was slinging salt once again from deep within the mine. Nothing like working in a tunnel 8 hours a day to cure claustrophobia. I have drawn a conclusion that this mine is similar to a mushroom growing operation…keeps me in the dark and fed allot of schit.

First day back wasn’t all that bad considering. Considering I had to: 1. Get used to others in the bathroom again, 2. Couldn’t eat when I wanted, 3. Damn phone ringing all the time, 4. Damn noisy people when I coulda used a nap for Pete’s sake. The work day dragged on for what seemed like 6 hours. I had Cardio-rehab that morning and the Drill Instructors had increased my workload. Woulda been nice if they’d informed me on Wednesday, but I’m guessing its all part of their twisted hedonistic plan. Yes, that’s right…I said it…their hedonistic plan. Their plan to enjoy my pain and suffering at their every instruction.

I’m back to a semi-regular daily schedule…35 hours a week maybe more if I feel so compelled to supplement my paycheck with an actual 40 hour work week. Cardio-rehab 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the next ummm 6 weeks I think. Lucky for me I sit on my rump all day designing things and reading blogs. (I don’t actually work ina mine, but sounded cool huh)

Back to a regular blog schedule? Maybe, my senses are now overloaded with stimuli from a seemingly new environment. Yes, I realize it’s the same workplace and daily commute. 4 weeks away from something and it really does seem new, ya know? Oh I liked being at home, but there is something to be said about a regular daily schedule to lighten the soul.

Delayed thanks to issues on blogger this weekend.

 

No comments: