Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday Thought

I always enjoy the holiday vacations spending time with family. I also enjoy getting back to work and a regular routine. I guess I’m strange in that respect, I always complain about not wanting to work yet when the time comes to return I’m thrilled. This week I’m a little more thrilled to return since I spent 5 weeks off work a bit more then 3 weeks ago.

The company I work for is scheduled to be shut down the week of Christmas. Which would be all fine and dandy if not for one little complication. It’s not a paid shutdown so you have to use vacation time if you want paid. Hence lies the issue…I have no vacation time left. So I’ve told them weekly I’ll work that week, all except Christmas Day, answering the phones, receiving any shipments, etc… All on top of my regular duties. I guess there are always an upside and a downside to every holiday.

How does your employer handle company shutdowns?

No comments: