Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Confuzed Ramblings

Work Work Work...why can't I get paid to surf blogs, code blogs and write while making an honest living? Yes I'm not very good at any of those things and I realize it's a huge part of the equation. But still...wouldn't it be cool? I admire those individuals accomplishing this feat. I am still suffering hair loss with Haloscan. I know...shhhhh...I stated I was done for awhile. The Rogaine seemed to help allot and I just decided I'd give coding another shot. I also need to code my header pic to have a link back to the home page. I think I can do this but just have to find the time.

<<-------------------------->>

I started working out at a gym a couple of weeks ago. The gym is 10 minutes from home and rather accessible after work. They have all kinds of fitness equipment and weights, both free and machine. At first my body revolted to the exercising, which I expected, and my sweat glands worked overtime. I was apprehensive about returning in fear of the "whispers"..."there's that guy again, get out the air freshner". After a few workouts my body adjusted to the environment and all is working smoothly. May not seem substantial for those fitter then I, but walking 2 miles in 30 minutes is a major accomplishment. Cardio rehab was only 1/4 mile in 10 minutes so I'm feeling confident about my progress. I didn't realize how much I missed lifting weights. You know you've done well when your arms turn to noodles shortly after a session. Here again nothing major but an accomplishment for me.

<<-------------------------->>

I'm training a new guy here at work. And when I say new, I'm talking "green as the grass" type training. This guy knows little of AutoCAD and that's the main program for my job. I'm not a patient person so this oughta be fun. I laid down the Dazd Rules upfront and stated I'm tolerant but not submissive. All-inall he shows promise by having enthusiasm and seems like a quick study. We shall see after a couple weeks of training.

Ok...that's all I have time for today. I have a new weekly idea brewing here so stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wear that stink with pride!

And good luck training the new guy.

Staying tuned...

Jay said...

Walking 2 miles in 30 minutes is doing pretty good. So you're not starting from scratch. Lifting weights is fun. You can see progress being made pretty quickly.

H2o said...

I can help you install Haloscan if you would like. Geezzzzz it only took me two hours of swear words to get it done.

Cindi said...

I will have to train a new employee sometime after I go back to work after my vacation is over.
I am so NOT looking forward to it.
It has to be done but I just hate training.

none said...

I like the new blog look.

I can't do haloscan either.

If you don't stink you ain't doin nothin ;)

Anonymous said...

.. I feel your pain, man.... I started working out again three weeks ago.. it's going to be a long haul for both of us...

Eric