Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It was Bound to Happen

I did not have time to prepare. Nor did I even realize it. And I'm completely stunned.



That CMK has awarded me the honor of being a recipient of a Thinking Blogger Award. Here's what she had to say:

Dazd has a blog that is a little of this, a little of that--and it is all good. He writes passionately of soldiers he knows in Iraq, trivia, knock-knock jokes, and various aspects of his life. This is another blog where you can laugh, cry, and everything in between. 'Caption This' photos are hilarious and he puts up some good music videos, too.


Psssst...I think it's the music videos myself that keeps her coming back.

Oh and before I go any further...yes I realize the firt part of my post was misleading. Would you have expected anything different?

Now, I am tagged and have to list 5 blogs that make me think. So, here goes:


First, here are the rules--

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Here are my 5 nominees in no particular order:

Deer Camp Blog: Rex is definitely a person of intelligence. It's not everyday that I, the Great Dazed and Confuzed, get duped into a frenzied hunt for artifacts only to be told it was a spoof. His blog doesn't just cover hunting though. His topics do dabble into the world of archaeology and the unknown. And you're never sure just what the next post will offer.

Hammer: One of these days his childhood memory posts are going to fuel the urge to post my own. This man has experienced more of life than I can possibly achieve. When I grow up, I hope I can tell my story with half the illustrative flair he presents.

Warts and All: Here is a lady who is blossoming into herself right here in Blogland. Oh don't let her deceptive claims of naive perceptions fool you. Just when you start to believe this myth, she posts something that strikes a chord. And it's not a chord of disdain rather one of the thinking caliber. And you gently nod knowing that you lulled yourself into that mindset.

ksquest: I cannot give an opinion just yet. I just found this blog today via Walrilla. And the post I read moved me deeply. I'm still regaining a foothold on reality as she made me realize something vital today. But that's another story for another post. Go read this post, if you don't accomplish anything else today.

Dirk_Star: If there ever was a Hall of Fame for storytellers, this man would be in the top 5. He adds an artistic flair to his words that produces a sense of guilt within the reader for picturing the moment. And one can almost never tell which part of a story is 100% and which part is creative writing. In the end, you don't really care since your imagination and intelligence were provoked.

If you've already posted a Thinking Blog Award, at least post in the comments here the link.

All of you, and I mean all that I read daily invoke thoughts within the Dazed and Confuzed one. It's tough to pick just 5...really it is!

2 comments:

Editor said...

thank you, I will try to be worthy of this. Thank you for your kind words also. It never occurred to me that a smooth operator such as yourself would believe my wild story. I am now labeling these as Campfire Stories to stop any confusion. Unfortunately, I have a bunch more that you will enjoy.

cmk said...

I guess I'm MUCH more transparent than I ever thought! :)