Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday Ramblings

Some Ramblings for today, sorry there’s no Offbeat Tuesday.

Friends: Have you ever considered, among the grand scheme of life, exactly how friends can come and go yet still remain apart of our thoughts? People have said to me: “Why don’t you call or write more often, I thought we were friends.” I don’t see the necessity to constantly badger someone for attention. Well, except for my link whoring, I’m not an attention whore. I have people I still consider friends and not just acquaintances. Once someone is established as my friend, they remain so for eternity. Only when one disrespects, insults or plainly develops a sense and style of ignorance will they be considered a mere acquaintance. So don’t theorize if I don’t initiate communication that I don’t think any less of a person then the time we last spoke. Friends are a commodity to be cherished for a lifetime. Not one that a lifetime should be spent trying to achieve.

Dedication/Commitment: Before my heart attack, I participated daily in a volunteer activity. I won’t disclose this activity, as I still want to retain anonymity, but let’s say that its one I hope to never use but if/when I do, it will be for the sake of others. But when does the dedication cross that invisible line between what you can do and what you want to do? I obviously had illusions of grandeur for returning immediately to my activity. That was quickly shattered by my first trip to cardio rehab. And later it was compounded by the cold weather. But now that I’ve returned to a part-time status, I feel others may see this as a scapegoat. So I’ve decided that if the posturing and childish antics continue, then I’ll lose my temper and damn them for eternity. And in the same breath remove myself from that situation.

I once took my son fishing. His first time actually, just Dazd Jr. and Dad. What a grand time we had and he learned some valuable fishing tips from this esteemed and well-respected fisherman. Ok Ok You there in the back…stop laughing, ok? Anyways, as I showed him how to tie a hook with a knot, attach a sinker and bobber, baiting of the hook, proper motion for casting and proper patience etiquette for fishing, I turned to him and asked, “Any questions Dazd Jr?” He calmly replied, “Yes Dad, why is the inside of my mouth wet?”

:blink:

1 comment:

The Sarcasticynic said...

From "the back": we're not laughing AT you, we're laughing WITH ... oh well, we gotta sit somewhere...