Monday, December 01, 2008

Wildlife Epic Fail and Other Odd Schtuff

MARKLE, Ind. -- Five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass jumped to their deaths onto Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer's windshield, police said.

After the animals' fatal plunge, their mangled carcasses littered the expressway to the horror of motorists who approached Friday's scene in the northbound lanes of I-69.

The 20- to 30-foot fall killed all five deer about 12:30 p.m. Friday, said Brian Jenks, a dispatcher with the Huntington County Sheriff's Department.

The last of the five deer went through the windshield of a tractor-trailer rig, but the driver was not injured, police said.


BBQ anyone? I wonder if this is related to the epidemic seen at the Christmas Place recently with wild hogs.

Its not clear whether the INDOT will be installing one of these at every interchange.


I'll admit I was a leg man myself....

No comments: