Tuesday, August 01, 2006

An Apple a Day...

I'm thinking after today's doctors appointment I should eat two apples a day. Today was my yearly physical and it didn't quite turn out like I had planned. I hadn't been feeling energetic the past couple of months so it was a good thing I had my physical earlier than normal.

Results: High blood pressure (140/100), high cholesterol (282), high triglycerides (348) and I need to lose 20 lbs maximum. So I'm a walking, talking medicine cabinet. I'm on BP meds, cholesterol meds and having to eat healthy again. Oh, and no more sudafed for my sinus/allergies issues. ugh I'm on Flonase now to help alleviate that portion of my physical well-being.

So now I have to restrict my usual food intake...no more bacon cheeseburgers with a Frosty, no more chalupa's with a taco, no more General Tso's chicken/spring rolls/crab rangoon, minimal red meat and more chicken, no more pizza for awhile, italian sausages are out...basically I'm having to change my entire eating habits. lol

Basically for the next few months I'm gonna be grumpier than normal. But on the positive side, I'd rather be grumpy then the alternative. At the age of 41, I'm too young to be pushing up daisies.

No comments: