Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Follow-up

It's Wednesday...hump day as we call it. This Wednesday is a gorgeous day. Sunshine, high expected of 85, low humidity and overall a great day, so far. Last Wednesday was dreary and allot of issues were weighing heavy in my thoughts. Stop right there…no mind reading today. I’ve got the tin foil hat on blocking all your ESP powers!

Anyways, a big load was purged from my thoughts yesterday. I visited the doctor, yet again, for a check-up on my blood pressure. Good news….with the help of medication, more exercise and dieting my BP is down to 130/82! I realize it’s not normal but it sure beats the 164/110 2-1/2 weeks ago. And I lost weight…7 pounds in 2-1/2 weeks isn’t bad. Although lately I’ve been craving carrots and weaving Easter Egg baskets. hahahaha Another 5 pounds or so and I’ll lighten up my diet a notch.

And yes, to my daily readers, I will be celebrating my good fortune with one Elephant Ear at the State Fair this weekend. We went last weekend and I didn’t succumb to the fair food smorgasbord. I ate healthy and sparingly. What? Yes, you can eat healthy at the Indiana State Fair if you look hard enough. I found a stand that sold rather generous portions of fruit bowls. And let me tell you…that was the best watermelon I’ve had recently! I also found the lamb burger stand. I grew up eating lamb so having that one burger brought back salivating memories. I heard rumors of an Elk burger stand…but I didn’t find it, yet. And yes…I washed all my healthy food with a drink of Lemon Shake-up…I needed the sugar for energy ya know.

Someone told me recently that taking new meds, dieting and revising your life can be depressing. Amen to that…but it sure beats the alternative! It sure makes a world of difference when you have family and friends supporting you. Life is a game we eventually lose anyways. So why not live for the moment and send the game into overtime?

As I always say: Reality sucks and life goes on.

No comments: