Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just a Rant and a Question

Just a question to my readers about your school children. I would like to know how many days a week and approximate hours those days your children spend on homework. Also whether they are in public schools, charter, home schooled or private.

I found out last night my son will have homework in all 5 subjects every night plus weekends. Wednesday being the exception with that being a study night. He is in a private school and this years homework seems to be more excruciating. We estimate a minimum of 2 hours daily not including any work that needs to be redone. So we could easily hit 3 hours plus!

I'm all for a higher education. I grew up in a household where my Dad was a teacher. He's now retired after 35 years of teaching. I guess my rant here with my sons new work load is...how are 2 working parents supposed to accomplish anything after 6:00 pm each night? And when does a 10 year old get to act like a 10 year old?

I would appreciate any comments left here and will sorta treat this like a poll. We're only in our second week of school and Dad is already frustrated.

Tall Cool Drink of Water: Homework...... shares my pain.

No comments: