Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Relaxing

Folks...I trust everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. I had an enjoyable time although I'm not sure it was relaxing. Too many things to do with so little time. However, good food as always!

The campground sponsors dinners during the holiday weekends and Sunday was the annual Beans-n-Ham dinner. Folks, there's nothing like beans-n-ham and cornbread cooked over a campfire. A rather large cauldron cooks the ham and beans. And dutch ovens and cast irons assortments cook the cornbread. And yes, everyone brings a dish so the food bonanza is quite the feast.

There were plenty of activities to keep me occupied, if not amused. There was the Cartlympics held annually(drunk people taking golf carts 4-wheelin)and the usual kids games. Did I mention the great food? I'm still a little sore from splitting firewood yesterday. It didn't help matters that I burned all I had split a month ago in 2 out of 3 nights. So before I left, I was instructed to split enough for 2 weekends. The missus is demanding like that...

And in case ya'll were hoping to see pics, it pays to pack ALL the necessities PRIOR to leaving! Yep, you got it. I left the camera along with my cell phone planted squarely on my computer desk. Didn't even realize I'd forgotten them until Saturday night.

Ok...gotta get back to work. I had to come into work today just so I could relax.

No comments: