Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Test Results

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd druther not. ~Mark Twain

Amen! These past 7 weeks have tormented my pleasures of feasting. My days of beaching myself at my hedonistic establishments are distant memories. My normal diet of eating damn near anything set before me has succumbed to eating healthier. My sweet-tooth has abandoned me for lack of attention.

All-in-all I feel better, lost weight and can now enjoy participating in outdoor activities without fear of hospitalization. I look better also, not pale and gray. I’ve regained some enthusiasm for tasks which hindered my progress in certain areas. I’m progressing towards being myself again.

I received my blood work results today. My cholesterol is now 117! My triglycerides were 136. August 1st results were 276 cholesterol and 368 triglycerides. Quite a dramatic improvement considering I’ve been dieting and taking meds. Now I’m wondering which change is the root cause for such an effect. My blood pressure has maintained an average of 127/75. A dramatic improvement from 164/110.

Now to start some sort of exercise routine to shape this flab/loose skin. No, I’m not looking to win Mr. Universe. Although being physically fit could help enhance my mental fitness.

No comments: