Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tonight at 7 pm EST...

Ever wonder what happened to T.V.? Where have all the good ole T.V. shows gone? I’m busy on Tuesday nights and usually get home after 10 pm. Nothing more I’d like to accomplish before bedtime then watch a good show. Last night was no exception. The only trouble was finding something entertaining. Now don’t get me wrong…I do enjoy Animal Planet, National Geographic, History Channel, OLN, etc… But sometimes one leans towards being entertained rather then being informed. Oh sure, I could’ve watched Everybody Loves Raymond, Will and Grace, Roseanne, Seinfeld or many other repeats. They are classics, in their own right, but nothing like watching shows that bring back memories. Memories of days sitting in front of the 19” family television while enjoying the same shows and spending quality family time.

M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Rhoda
Alice
Bewitched
Good Times
Little House on the Prairie
Three’s Company
Simon and Simon
Magnum P.I.
The Muppet Show

Oh the list goes on forever. And watching reruns of Leave It to Beaver and the Andy Griffith Show endlessly. Those were the good ole days for me. Those shows always bring me solace after punishing myself at work or my extracurricular activities. The TV Land channel does a nice job of running these shows for my enjoyment. I am truly blessed that Lil Dazd enjoys these shows. He has always enjoyed the classics from an early age. It’s too bad he’s not awake when I get home…a nice time to spend some quiet QT.

What are some of your favorite classics?

No comments: