Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just an Obscure Thought


Ok...I've been known to have quite the imagination. And sometimes my thoughts relentlessly venture where no layman should go. Here's a prime example:

Sitting at my desk today, I was fascinated by a small arachnid "ballooning" the room. Ballooning referring to the event in which a spider dangles from the ceiling while riding air currents to secure a new location. Now before you start giggling and thinking, "This man definitely has waaaaay too much time on his hands", its difficult not to notice when said arachnid is hovering a foot from your face. Yes I toyed with the little fellow...gently fanning my hands to create a raft of air from all different angles. I know its horrible amusing myself at the expense of a simple creature. But then I noticed the little arachnid didn't gain any ground or retreat. I lost interest in the little fellow (actually felt sympathetic) and I took hold of his silk cord to place him elsewhere.

But then it happened...my thoughts ventured into the zone. They kept ringing mercilessly, tormenting my focus, sending my thoughts into another dimension. My thirst for knowledge needs quenching, dehydrated from yet another episode of the Cogitative Zone.

Did the little arachnid just simply run out of silk cord? Had he not retreated simply because he was thrilled with the air rafting? Or was he so scared my desk is now littered with microscopic arachnid poop? And just how much silk cord can an arachnid produce/store and produce quickly upon depletion of inventory?

My head hurts now...

No comments: