Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday Morning Decaf Coffee

I rested comfortably the last two nights. It was a pleasant experience to sleep in my own bed again. While I did enjoy the nurses and staff enacting my every request, nothing can compare to home. Saturday morning had a major event, I took my first shower in 6 days. Oh stop it...of course I washed and bathed during my hospital stay. Geesh you guys! But nothing like a shower first thing of a morning. Its my jumpstart and sets my mood for the day. And sad to say, my java jumpstart has been reduced to decaf. Allot of things have been reduced, but its all for the better.

Monday night I was doing mowing and running the weedwhacker. As I was 3/4 ways done, my neck and jaw became very tight. Then my teeth started hurting. I stopped and had figured I had pulled a muscle. I sat down to rest and hollered for the missus. She brought me a glass of water and said she'd sweep off the sidewalks for me. As I sat there, I became dizzy, short of breath and eventually nauseated. When the small amounts of pain started, thats when I told the missus we were going to the ER PRONTO!. Once I got there and in a room, things regressed. I had my heart attack in the ER, was transported to a cardiac unit at another hospital and had angioplasty performed on me. From time of ER admittance to cardiac recovery room admittance was 4 hours. They weren't messing around!

I had a blockage in two of my heart arteries. Most of this is for my medical type readers. lol The most severe blockage (100%) was in the junction of right coronary artery and the posterior descending artery. This required 2 stents to allow proper blood flow. The second artery is the circumflex artery. This is blocked approximately 70-90% and will be reopened on October 12th. Yes, I asked why not both at once? Plain and simple explanation, it woulda killed me. Who am I to question that answer?

The doc also told me that if I hadn't been in the ER when my heart attack started, I probably wouldn't be here today typing this post. There will be more posts of my experience of that night as energy and time allows. I just thought my readers deserved some form of explanation, although its a Readers Digest version.

I thank all of you for the posts, emails and comments wishing me the best. My Creator gave me a second chance, I will not squander this opportunity.

No comments: