Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Help Me Mr. Wizard



In my efforts to create a usable site for myself and my daily readers that looked really cool, I have drawn the conclusion that my "programming skills" are limited. Yes I can find a cool template and manipulate the design to my preferences. I can even view someone elses coding and find errors or how they do cool things. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-implement my Haloscan into Old Blogger!

Last time it was automated. Which was cool, I didn't have to do anything. But now, the automated process for Old Blogger is gone. It's only automated for New Blogger, which I won't switch to just yet because my template is for Old Blogger only. And so as not to lose any of the Blogger comments these last few days, I'd like to have the option for commentors on which one they'd like to use. Ugh...

And just how does one go about adding that nifty "read more" into a post? You know...the one for long posts that hides it until you click that "read more" and it either scrolls down or opens a new page. Oh sure I've seen it as coding, scripts and things I don't even recognize as coding. Oh sure..."take the lazy mans way out and have someone code it." Well heck yes! I've spent countless hours trying to make this all work.

So if ANYONE knows what they are doing, please email me. Or even knows a friend of a friend who will graciously provide assistance without compensation, let me know.

I seriously need help!

Sincerely Yours,
Crazy Dazd

3 comments:

H2o said...

I know how to load Haloscan. But I don't know how to do the part of "read more" part. I can help if you want.

Dazd said...

Ok...I'll email you my coding tomorrow.

Dazd said...

Ummm...I need you to email me. I don't have an email addy for you and there's not one listed on your site. :)