Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Want...

Lets call the 1990's to present the reign of Marcus Aurelius. We have outgrown our financial means to maintain a main player in world economy. Right now our dollar is weak and unfortunately, the world oil market is driven by the dollar and not gold. So less value means our vendors must raise the prices. So its not really the big Oil Brothers complete fault they are making billions of dollars at our expense. Example: 1 Euro is worth $.644 dollars. And since the oil market is driven by the dollar, it costs more per dollar than prior to 2001.
I want a President that will secure our future by enlisting the assistance of OUR economy and free our country from dependence.

It is the duty of a patriot to prefer and promote the exclusive interest and glory of his native country; but a philosopher may be permitted to enlarge his views, and to consider America as one great republic, whose various inhabitants have attained almost the same level of politeness and cultivation. The balance of power will continue to fluctuate, and the prosperity of our own or the neighboring countries may be alternately exalted or depressed but these events cannot continue to injure our general state of happiness, the system of arts, laws and manners. The Third world nations of the globe are the common enemies of civilized society. Whether America is still threatened with a repetition of those calamities which formerly oppressed the arms and institutions of Rome perhaps the same reflections will illustrate the fall of that mighty empire, and explain the probable causes of our actual security.
I want a President that will secure the future of America. I want to live in the American security that existed post World War II prior to the Cold War. I want to know that America will not be raped and pillaged. We are ignorant of the extent of our danger, and the number of our enemies.

I want a President who can recite and LIVE the Preamble:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Anything less would be settling for second best.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree with your thoughts. Good post!

Right now, I think, all the politicians in Washington are to considered about staying in power. Then need to see the "big" picture, and instead of placating to specific groups for more money...they need to do what is best for the country.

I think...a lot of people are growing tired of this mentality. "We" out number them...and "We" elect them, so shouldn't "We" have more of a say in what's going on?

I think a big change is coming...and hopefully it's a good one. I'm not an anarchist by any means, but,I think, the people need to take the country back.

Maybe soon, by soon I mean in the next 5-10 years, a third party candidate will come out who will not be blinded by money, and power.

Just my thoughts. :) lol

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it any better. I agree with you 100%

xxoo

Dawn Drover said...

Well said... for a man who can't read you are quite articulate! :D

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

you have a way of expressing things that make one laugh, or at least grunt with positive agreement. I like that-----read some of your earlier posts as well, --so gonna add ya to my blog list----desperate for entertainment here.