Thursday, September 14, 2006

Land of the free, because of the brave.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
- John F. Kennedy

Ok...if some of my daily readers recall, I have a cousin that's being deployed to Iraq. As I type this, I've been informed he shipped out Sunday and is safely in Iraq.

As soon as his mailing address is verified I will email those that wish to send something. I have also been informed since its a short deployment, anything sent will take 4-6 weeks snail mail and 7-10 days priority mail. Not much of a mailing window when he's only there for 4 months, I think.

For those military types that understand all this lingo, here's his unit info: 33d Combat Communications Squadron, 3d Combat Communications Group, 12th Air Force, Air Combat Command

Those that showed interest previously in mailing a letter, class letters, etc... email me at the addy listed on the right and I will pass along the mailing info as I verify it.

Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the soldiers don't have that problem.

No comments: